COVID Prevention Protocols at Two Moon Lodge
We value the health of our guests, our family and the community at large. As licensed outfitters in beautiful rural Quebec, we have implemented a number of measures in line with public health officials and the Quebec Outfitter Association during the pandemic of Covid 19. These requirements specify how we interact with guests, maintain social distance, disinfect and reduce the chance of virus transmission. This of course means some changes to how we operate and what is required of our guests. We ask that you carefully read the protocols outlined below. We will be in contact with you personally in advance to see if you have any questions and review some of the modifications we have put in place for the importance of everyone's well being. Two Moon Lodge is a special place for all of us! We count on you and your participation and we look forward to seeing you!
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
- Buy all your necessary groceries and supplies in your home community. The purchase of a Quebec fishing licence and live bait must be done prior to arrival at the Lodge. Pro Nature is a bait and tackle shop at 1625 Kipawa Road in Temiscamingue where they can be purchased. Please remember to call us upon your arrival in Temiscamingue at 705 443 7870/7871 in order to pick you up at the dock.
- Please bring your own bedding (“one fitted sheet per single bed with sleeping bag” OR “one single fitted/flat linen set” per bed ) WITH individual pillow case. A pillow, and washable mattress cover will be provided.
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer, disinfectants, liquid dish and hand soap, swim and dish towels/cloths/scrub pads, garbage/recycle bags, paper towels and toilet tissue.
- While cutlery, plates, bowls, cups/pots and pans, all cooking utensils etc are available in each cabin, guests may also bring their own disposable cutlery/dishes/cups/napkins/plastic table cloth if they like.
- Guests are invited to pack small water toys and snorkelling masks and a yoga mat. Appropriate outdoor wear recommended
- Guests are to provide their own drinking water (large water cooler jugs). Arrive with food items frozen and cold in your cooler for your propane refrigerator.
- Guests are asked to pay the balance of their invoice by contactless payment ONE WEEK in advance of arrival. Although we prefer e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, we also accept Visa and Mastercard.
Boat Transportation to the Lodge
- All guests must phone us after purchasing their Quebec fishing licence BEFORE they depart Temiscaming at 705-443-7870/7871 . It is very important that you follow the “Driving Directions” to our dock that is given on our website.
- Our transport boat will be sanitized between trips. Masks must be worn by staff and guests during transportation.
- Hand sanitizer will be available outside each cabin. All cabins will receive a thorough cleaning with contact points disinfected. Dishes, cutlery, pots and pans will be cleaned and disinfected. Or, you may bring your own disposable plates/cutlery if you prefer
- Please buy your beer in cans and be prepared to take all empties, trash and recycling out with you to our garbage bins at the end of your stay to limit contact sharing.
Fishing Boat/Fishing Equipment:
- Rental boats will be disinfected between rentals. Guests may bring their own lifejacket or use one of ours.
- Our fish cleaning hut is cleaned regularly. Social distancing must be maintained between guests of different households.
- While our outdoor common area spaces (outdoor kitchen ) will be available for your own usage and enjoyment with social distancing of 6 ft; our pizza cookout will not be available for the 2021 year. Bring your own tablecloth and dine under the stars.
- Sanitization will occur between all usage of bikes, canoes, kayaks and rainy day items (puzzles, crafts). The hiking trails are open for you to enjoy!